Friday, July 25, 2008

News news news

Man, I am sorry for not updating this more often. I am going to try and be better about that. :) So things are going well here. We are having different speakers come in every week, stay with us, and teach us during out lecture times. We just finished a week on Evangelism. It was much better than I was anticipating. :) I feel like I am learning a lot. God is teaching me many things, through the speakers, through scripture, and through experience. It is so good to be in this kind of environment -very furtile for growth. It is such a blessing.

In the last few weeks we have been praying and fasting a lot about where God wants us to go on outreach. The whole world was pretty much open to us. So we really wanted to hear from God where He wanted us to go. We were receiving some direction, but it was very hard to wait. Today we have finally finalized a location. We are going to be spending our 2 month outreach in Ibiza, a little island off the Mediteranean coast of Spain. We are all so excited. I will finally have a place to use my Spanish!!! A little backround: this is actually a well known "clubbing" island that college students from all over Europe go to for the summer or for spring break etc. That is its main draw. There is not a ywam base there, but we have contacted and heard back from a few different missionaries working there. There is so much potential for starting new ministries and for getting to know and help a lot of the local missionaries there. I am so excited to go! We are going to be doing a lot of research and a lot of praying in the next few weeks.

Here are some prayer requests for this week. It would be so awesome if you could join with us in seeking God's will in these things. Your part is just as important.

-pray that God will reveal to us what ministries He wants us involved in/starting in Ibiza.
-pray that the communication will go smoothly getting everything set up to go.
-pray that God will continue to unify our team that is going.
-pray that God will bless us and teach us this next week as we are studying Spritual Warfare.

Thank you so much for your time and prayers, they really mean a lot.

I miss you all so much and hope you are doing well. If anyone wants to contact me (It has come to my attention that you are unable to comment on this blog without setting up your own) then please email me at katie.jensen@comcast.net. I would love to hear from people.

Lastly about the pictures: I am sorry I don't really know how to post them in bulk on this blog. I can only post 4 at a time. If you know someone with Facebook, they are all on my facebook page!!

No comments: